Who are ISO 50001 Lead Auditors?
Professionals interested in ISO 50001-2018, including internal auditors, organizations undergoing a third-party audit to ISO 50001, individuals pursuing auditor certification in ISO 50001, energy management system management representatives, and audit program managers.
What Does an ISO 50001 LA Do?
The ISO 50001 Lead Auditor supports the international workforce focused on maximizing the energy savings impact of ISO 50001:2018 implementation in industrial, commercial, and public sector organizations. The ISO 50001 LA is a qualified candidate that is competent in all the ISO 50003 technical areas: buildings, building complexes, industry – light to medium, and heavy industry.
Within the context of the audit plan, the ISO 50001 Lead Auditor will:
- Plan, lead and manage an ISO 50001 audit team effectively to ensure the audit objectives are met
- Conduct the ISO 50001 audit in conformance with ISO 50003 requirements
- Assess conformance to ISO 50001- Energy management systems standard, which includes confirming continual improvement of energy performance and any additional organizational requirements
- Document and report audit findings based upon objective evidence
- Effectively manage the relationship with the client and the auditee
- Communicate, justify, and take responsibility for the audit results both verbally and in a written report to the client.
Body of Knowledge
- Energy Performance Auditing
- EnMS Auditing
- Management System Auditing (General)
- Auditing (General)
- Pre-Audit Team Leader Duties
- Stage 1 Auditing Team Leader Duties
- Stage 2 Surveillance and Recertification Auditing Team Leader Duties
- Communication for Team Leader Duties
- Energy Fundamentals and Technical Area Knowledge for Light to Medium Industry, Buildings, and Building Complexes
- General ISO 50001 Audit Knowledge
- Leading Audit Team Knowledge