Who are Certified Renewable Energy Professionals?
- Are you an energy professional, with technical, management and communication skills, to lead, plan, coordinate and manage the installation or upgrade of power generation systems to include renewable energy generation technologies?
- Are you an energy manager responsible for a building or facility’s energy use, that operates a renewable energy production or energy storage system, or is looking to upgrade an existing system?
- Are you a consultant who assesses existing systems, then specifies, and financially justifies renewable energy projects for your clients?
What Does an REP Do?
Renewable energy professionals are energy managers that have selected to focus on energy generation, production, storage technologies and strategies that are considered “green and clean,” renewable or sustainable. These may include wind power, solar, thermal, or photovoltaic, geothermal, biopower, tidal, and hydroelectric technologies. They use their specialized knowledge to assist firms or organizations to set goals for renewable energy projects and to maximize benefits when implementing these systems at small or large scales.
Body of Knowledge
- Environmental Impacts - a Diver for Using Alternative Energy
- Alternative Energy and Carbon Reduction
- Solar Energy
- Wind Energy
- Geothermal Energy
- Waste-to-Energy Systems
- Fuel Cells - An Example of Hydrogen Applications
- Hybrid Alternative Energy Systems
- Creative Energy Storage Applications
- Alternative Energy Strategies for Buildings
- Transportation Systems
- Governmental Alternative Energy Programs
- Financial Approaches and Incentives for Alternative Energy
- The Future of Alternative Energy