Who are Distributed Generation Certified Professionals?
- Are you an energy engineer that understands the technical aspects of energy, thermodynamics, and power cycle performance for distributed energy generation applications?
- Are you an ESCO employee or consultant that specializes in Distributed Generation (DG), and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) projects for your clients?
- Are you involved in understanding the regulatory and permitting issues associated with power projects, creating Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), or involved in the process of deciding which business improvement programs get approved?
What Does a DGCP Do?
Certified Distributed Generation Professionals have a deep understanding of Distributed Generation (DG), and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) engineering principles, technologies, and applications for buildings and facilities, including latest concepts and strategies for renewable energy-focused DG and CHP projects. They also understand the local, state, and federal regulatory environment, can perform economic life cycle analysis of these systems, and present and justify DG or CHP projects for approval.
Body of Knowledge
- Qualitative Questions
- Short Calculation Questions
- Longer Calculation Questions