Who are Performance Contracting and Funding Professionals?
- Are you a consultant specializing in energy efficiency projects for buildings and facilities looking to avoid funding pitfalls and get projects turned around faster?
- Are you an energy manager, facility manager, or building owner that has difficulty funding your energy improvement projects?
- Do you contract with ESCOs, Utilities, banking, financing, or government organizations to fund energy projects?
- Are you looking to validate your experience, knowledge, and competency in funding best practices or programs, such as PC, PACE, OBF, etc?
What Does a PCF Do?
Performance contracting and funding professionals are specialists that can mitigate upfront capital cost barriers to get more critical energy-saving projects funded and completed - on time. They understand the pitfalls of financing and contracting, finding and applying smart financing options, and applying best practices for a loan, lease, or buy. In the innovative project financing arena, certified PCF professionals make the difference when “selling” a project’s financial viability and getting more projects done.
Body of Knowledge
- Traditional Financial Arrangements & Terminology
- Performance Contracts
- Advanced Financial Evaluation of Financing and PC Options
- Advanced Presentation Techniques
For an ESCO to be approved by ICU (Istituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria) in Lebanon, one or more of its full-time staff should hold the following certifications among them:
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or a Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) and
- Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) and
- Performance Contracting and Funding Professional (PCF)
An ESCO will have its approval withdrawn or suspended if it doesn’t maintain the above pre-qualification requirements.