Who are Business Energy Professionals?
- Are you a Business Professional that oversees the work of Energy Professionals?
- Are you an Energy Professional that presents and justifies energy-saving projects to your organization’s executive management team for review and approval?
- Are you a consultant that proposes energy-efficiency projects to your clients?
- Are you involved in the process of deciding which business improvement programs get approved?
What Does a BEP Do?
Certified Business Energy Professionals understand how important energy decisions affect the organization’s energy-consuming systems, how these systems affect employee productivity and how these decisions can affect the organization’s financial profitability and bottom line. They can present and justify these programs and projects for approval, and more importantly, understand how to compare projects that compete and make objective decisions on which projects should move forward with approval.
Body of Knowledge
- Codes & Standards, and Green Buildings
- Energy Fundamentals
- Utility Rates
- Electric and Gas Procurement
- Energy Accounting and Instrumentation
- Energy Economics, and Financing Energy Projects
- Commissioning; Measurement & Verification
- Building Systems
- Industrial Systems
- Energy Efficient Equipment & Applications