Who are 50001 Certified Practitioners in Energy Management Systems?
The 50001 Certified Practitioner in Energy Management Systems (50001 CP EnMS) are facility personnel, consulting professionals, auditors, or service providers with the appropriate technical experience in industrial and commercial energy systems and energy efficiency practices.
They provide critical technical assistance to industrial and commercial facilities that want to implement an energy management system that conforms to ISO 50001. The 50001 CP EnMS has the expertise to assist organizations to implement best practices in energy management that conform to ISO 50001. Also, the 50001 CP EnMS assists with developing energy performance indicators (EnPI) and baselines that allow a facility to track its performance improvement and develop best practices in incorporating metrics.
What Does a 50001 CP EnMS Do?
The 50001 CP EnMS has the skills, knowledge and performance capability to assist and evaluate companies in meeting the requirements of ISO 50001 applied to energy management. Specifically, an individual certified as 50001 CP EnMS:
- Works with an organization to establish and/or maintain an energy management system that meets the requirements of ISO 50001
- Works with the organization to integrate ISO 50001 with their existing management systems.
Body of Knowledge
- Energy Fundamentals
- Understanding Energy Sources and Demand Characteristics
- Energy Problem-Solving Skills
- Understanding ISO 50001 Energy Management System Concepts
- Operating Characteristics of Basic Key Energy Using Systems
- Fundamentals of Energy Project Management – for Developing Action Plans
- Data Collection and Use
- Fundamentals of Business Decision Making
- Instrumentation & Controls
- Energy as related to Management Systems
- Management Systems
- Internal Audit