Who are Certified Sustainable Development Professionals?
- Are you an energy professional, with knowledge of “green” construction technologies and practices, that is involved with projects or programs to improve the sustainability of a building, facility, campus, or community?
- Are you an energy-efficiency consultant that helps clients understand the impact of sustainable practices and policies and then helps them meet their sustainability goals?
- Are you involved in planning, developing, and implementing sustainability policies or programs for your organization, or involved in the process of deciding
What Does a CSDP Do?
Certified Sustainable Development Professionals are recognized for understanding development practices, applicable policies, technical requirements, program analysis, and financial assessments related to sustainable development. They understand the myriad of approaches an organization might employ when developing or implementing sustainability programs. They may work in commercial, institutional, industrial, or governmental sectors and have specific knowledge applicable to a given market, such as green building construction, environmental mitigation, industrial facility operation, planning, alternative energies, carbon reduction, sustainable transportation, or water conservation.
Body of Knowledge
- What is Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Development: Definitions & Applications
- Environmental Issues Associated with Sustainable Development
- Alternative Energy & Carbon Reduction
- Local Sustainable Policy Programs
- Energy Efficiency Technologies in Sustainable Buildings
- Corporate & Industrial Sustainability Programs
- Impact of Sustainable Development Policies
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Transportation
- Programs & Technologies to Reduce Water Consumption
- Sustainability in Industrial & Manufacturing Settings
- Management Approaches to Developing & Implementing Sustainability Programs
- Financial Assessment & Life Cycle Costing
- Developing & Implementing Sustainability Plan