The International Journal of Strategic Energy & Environmental Planning is an official bi-monthly publication for members of the Association of Energy Engineers. All AEE Members receive an electronic version (pdf) of the journal. The journal publishes original articles and papers detailing the latest strategic energy management issues such as management, corporate sustainability initiatives or energy policy.
Editor and Submission Contact : Stephen A. Roosa, PhD, CEM, BEP, REP, CSDP
Submission and Editorial Guidelines
The editor invites original manuscripts involving strategic energy management issues such as management, corporate sustainability initiatives or energy policy.
Manuscripts should contain a title, list of authors, abstract, body, conclusions, text acknowledgments when appropriate, and references. The following are guidelines for organizing articles.
- Articles must be submitted in electronic format via an email to the Editor-in-Chief.
- We prefer your copy be produced in a Microsoft Word document. If this software is not available to you, the text should be saved in rich text format (RTF) or ASCII format (with line breaks). Copy should be input with single spacing and indented one tab for each paragraph.
- Do not use automatic reference or footnote formats. When inserting footnotes or reference numbers, please TYPE THEM IN, in brackets, i.e., .
- Do not use automatic outlining or bullet format. TYPE IN your numbers, bullets, and letters, and simply once tab after them.
- Automatic formats “fall out” when the document is moved into a page-layout program such as Adobe InDesign, so please do not use them.
- All graphics should be submitted using high resolution file formats. High resolution (400 dpi or greater) makes for a better end product. Images inserted into Word files typically lose resolution when saved. We recommend images also be sent as separate high-resolution TIFF files.
- If file sizes are too large for your email, please follow up using a file sharing service, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Hightail, or similar cloud service.
- When submitting your article, also include a PDF copy in your email.
Title The title should express the main point of the article and include the full names and company affiliations for all authors. Abstract An abstract at the beginning should summarize the article and highlight significant new information and conclusions. Introduction The introduction should outline the problem, its significance, and how it is being approached in the main body of the text. Main Body This section develops the thought of the article. A good article normally presents the results with text, tables, and perhaps illustrations. Conclusions A summary should state conclusions, final comments, and any necessary qualifications. Suggestions for further research might be appropriate here. References A bibliography should list all references in order of their use in the text or in alphabetical order. Almost any professional presentation would be fine, but the references should show author name, title of article, title of book (if appropriate), publishing company, location, and date. Website addresses are acceptable for publicly-available information. Appendix Appendices should present supporting data not given in the body, or materials which are too detailed to include in the body. For example, spreadsheet calculations take too much room in the body. Alternatively, the author could show one set of calculations in the body and present the spreadsheet in the appendix. Figures and Tables All artwork should be camera ready or electronic and at a resolution of 400 dpi or better, with clear titles and numbering. Screen captures do not produce well; avoid these low-resolution images when possible. Probably, a better strategy would be to make textual reference to the information and let readers check the site. Biographical Sketch A biographical sketch should state the author’s affiliation and a very brief background sketch. Most importantly, it should state how a reader may contact the author. (Email is preferable.) Readers will follow up on many articles.
Peer review is required for all submitted manuscripts. The goals of our peer review process are to provide a timely dialogue to improve the quality of the work, facilitate the resolution of comments between authors and reviewers, ensure that the published work is thoroughly vetted, and verify scientific validity if applicable. The IJSEEP is supported in this effort by the IJSEEP Editor and staff, the IJSEEP editorial board, and the AEE Executive Committee, and the Editors and staff of other AEE Journals. These entities are geographically and culturally diverse. The IJSEEP uses the open peer review process in which the identity of the author(s) and the reviewer(s) may be know during, or after the review process. The author(s) are provided ample opportunity to revise the manuscript in response to the reviewer comments. However, manuscripts are likely to be rejected for publication if comments of a substantive nature remain unresolved. Peers may include the Editors or members of the editorial staff if they are considered to be subject-matter professionals. Peer reviewed articles may require six months or more of lead time before articles are published. Some items published in the IJSEEP are not subject to peer review requirements. These include Editor's Notes, topical essays, book reviews, reader comments, letters to the editor, etc. However, such submissions must meet all other policy requirements (e.g., formatting, references, etc.).
When submitting a paper for publication, authors grant the AEE all rights to print, publish, and assign a release of copyright of submitted article to AEE. Transfer of copyright to the AEE occurs upon the article's acceptance for publication and prior to editing by the IJSEEP editorial staff. After the initial approval of an article, the editor may require an author's information and copyright form for the author to complete and return.
Stephen Roosa Editor-In-Chief International Journal of Strategic Energy and Environmental Planning email@example.com