The Certified GeoExchange Designer (CGD) program is designed to recognize professionals who have demonstrated high levels of experience, competence, proficiency, and ethical fitness in applying the principles and practices of geothermal heat pump design and related disciplines, as well as to raise the professional standards within the field, and to encourage those involved in the design process through a continuing education program of professional development. The CGD certification is granted by the Association of Energy Engineers and sponsored by the Geothermal Heat Pump Consortium® (GHPC).
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in the principles and practices of geothermal heat pump design.
- To improve the practice of geothermal heat pump design and related disciplines.
- To identify persons with acceptable knowledge of the principles and practices of geothermal heat pump design through completing an examination and fulfilling prescribed standards of performance and conduct.
- To award special recognition to those energy professionals who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness for geothermal heat pump design.
- New York Certified GeoExchange Designer (CGD) is one of the acceptable credentials for contractors doing work for NYSERDA's Ground Source Heat Pump Rebate Initiative
- Utah CEM and CGD are two accepted requirements in order to be eligible for renewable energy investment tax credits for Solar Photovoltaic (PV) or Geothermal Heat Pump installations
If you have any questions about CGD certification or would like to file a complaint against an individual CGD, please contact AEE’s Program Director
Francine Seskin | (770) 447-5083, ext. 223 | email@example.com