Individuals require an engineering, architectural, business, or law degree or be a registered Professional Engineer or Architect to become an AEE Member. Individuals without these qualifications can join as an affiliate member.
Distinguish your company as a leader in energy efficiency and environmental management. Your company will benefit from the added exposure you will receive and the special discounts available to Corporate Members and their employees.
We Celebrate - You Save!
To celebrate our 45th anniversary we are offering new members 45% discount on their first year's membership. Use code 45YEARS at sign up*.
*Coupon code not valid for special membership applications such as corporate member, corporate delegate, young energy professional, student member, or retired member.
Individual Membership Categories and Rates
An individual with an engineering, architectural, business, or law degree or a registered Professional Engineer or Architect. (Persons who are qualified by experience or related degree may petition in writing for full membership consideration). AEE provides a reduction in membership dues for applicants and renewing members who reside in lower income countries categorized by The World Bank Economic statistics.
Membership Rate Levels
- Level I High Income (GNI at or above $12,536) - Standard Rate of $195
- Level II Upper Middle (GNI between $12,535 - $4,046) - Rate of $140
- Level III Lower Middle (GNI between $4,045 - $1,036) - Rate of $90
- Level IV Low Income (GNI at or below $1,035) - Rate of $40
Special Membership Categories and Rates
- Individual Corporate Member - $160 - If your company is an AEE Corporate Member, you receive a special membership discount.
- Young Energy Member - $50 - An individual 30 years of age or under with an engineering, architectural, business or law degree, or a registered Professional Engineer or Architect.
- Student Member - $15 - An individual who is a full-time matriculated student (must send evidence of full-time student status).
- Retired Member - $15 - An individual retired full-time who is no longer involved in any career activity.
- Lifetime Member - $1,495 - Open to all individuals, and includes lifetime subscriptions to all divisions (excluding CWEEL).
Qualifying applicants and renewing members will be automatically notified and given the option to participate in the program when joining and renewing online.
These rates also apply to the following sub-member categories
A person interested in the objectives of AEE who does not meet the criteria to be a full member.
A graduate of an engineering college or university or a registered Professional Engineer or Architect with six (6) or more years' experience in energy engineering or energy management.
Learn the value of membership from current AEE members.