Who are Carbon Auditing Professionals?
Do you currently lead, plan, coordinate and manage green, clean or sustainability programs at your firm or organization?
Are you a consultant that specializes carbon reduction or GHG emissions programs for your clients and wants to certify your knowledge and experience?
- Are you an energy professional, with technical, management and communication skills in green and sustainable building design, construction or management who wants to get recognized and rewarded for your experience and knowledge?
What Does a CAP Do?
Carbon auditing professionals apply their specialized knowledge to assist companies and organizations to reduce their carbon footprint and become “carbon-neutral” as possible. They understand the principles of the Paris climate agreement, Kyoto Protocol and other guidelines published by WRI, ISO, and WBCSD. For firms engaged in this area, CAPs can interpret current trends and legal requirements; conduct carbon audits and emission inventories; identify reduction opportunities; set up a GHG emissions management program, report carbon emissions in compliance with international standards and complete the emissions verification process. They are also able to structure financing and marketing to maximize project success.
Body of Knowledge
- History, Terminology, Policy and Legislation
- Carbon Audit
- Emissions Reporting / Verification
- Energy Efficiency Solutions
- Renewable Energy Sources and Green Power
- Fleet Management
- Emissions Trading, Terminology, and Offsets
- Recycling, Financing, and Marketing