Certified Green Building Engineer
AEE's Certified Green Building Engineer (GBE) program awards special recognition to those green building, design and construction engineering professionals who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness for green building related disciplines, as well as laws governing and affecting green building professionals.
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in green building engineering, design and construction.
- To improve the practice of green building engineering by encouraging professionals in a continuing program of professional development.
- To identify persons with acceptable knowledge of the principles and practices of green building engineering related disciplines and laws governing and affecting professionals by meeting prescribed standards of performance and conduct.
- To award special recognition to those Green Building Engineers who have demonstrated a high level of competence and ethical fitness for green building engineering, design and construction. See: EPA Online Directory
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
|A Professional Engineer (PE) License||AND||Active Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Certification|
The effective practice of Green Building Engineering requires an in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of subjects. For certification purposes, only individuals who have completed the Certified Energy Manager training program requirement, and have successfully passed the CEM examination and hold a current U.S. issued Professional Engineer licence may apply.
The first step in the GBE™ application process is to complete and submit the online application. Application must indicate current P.E. license number, state(s) in which candidate is licensed as a PE, and CEM® identification number.
- Certification Application Fee: $250
- Certification Renewal Fee: $125