Becoming a Leader in Energy & Sustainability
by Ziad Haddad, LEED, CEM, CBCP, CWEP, Senior Director of Physical Plant at the Lebanese American University
Thursday, February 11, 2021
11:00 am (U.S. EST) | 6:00 pm (GMT+2)
Streaming Live from Beirut
Presented in English
A new type of leaders is needed today. One that can make the sustainability goals of our world a top priority and can translate “what is good for the world” to “good for the business”.
This webinar addresses the emerging corporate desire for sustainable leaders who can successfully navigate through the unprecedented global environmental challenges facing humanity.
It also highlights some key factor of success on this mission:
- Defining Leadership in its dimensions of influence, vision, and the creation of other leaders
- Defining Sustainability in improving the quality of life, restoring ecosystems and protecting natural resources
- Addressing the need for a new type of leaders today. Ones that can make the sustainability goals of our world a top priority and can translate “what is good for the world to be good for the business”. Address the unprecedented global environmental challenges facing humanity and the nature of leaders that are required to face them
- Highlight the emerging corporate desire for sustainable leaders who have an in-depth understanding of the complex problems lying ahead in the presence of abundant contradicting information
- Highlight the importance of building a network and belonging to energy & sustainability communities, such as AEE, as a key factor of success
Ziad holds a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA in enterprise management. He is a Certified Energy Manager CEM (& trainer), Certified Building Commissioning Professional CBCP (& trainer), Certified Water Efficiency Professional CWEP (& trainer) and LEED Green Associate
Ziad started his career in 1997 as a consulting engineer, then in 2005 worked abroad on developing concession & BOT projects in the water & wastewater industry. Following his passion for green engineering, he co-founded OPUS consulting engineers in 2007, offering sustainable electro-mechanical consulting services to the building industry and 2 years later, co-founded OPUS energy, specialized in energy audits, energy efficiency & renewables
In 2014, he joined the Lebanese American University where he is now serving as Senior Director of Physical Plant heading the Design & Commissioning, O&M, EHS and Sustainability units on Byblos campus.
Ziad served on the board of the Lebanon Green Building Council from 2010 to 2016, as board member and then as VP.
In 2017, he co-established the Lebanese Chapter of the Association of Energy Engineers and is currently serving as its president.
Ziad contributed to numerous sustainability and energy efficiency projects in Lebanon and abroad under LEED, BREEAM, EDGE, LBC and other schemes. He has consulted for major institutions and Clients including the World Bank, Aramco, the Lebanese Order of Engineers and Architects, the Directorate General of Urban Planning and others. He presented several papers on environmentally responsive building services designs, and lectured on high performance green buildings, PPPs, energy and sustainability and is the co-writer of the “Criteria for Green Buildings in Lebanon”