The Certified Energy Manger (CEM) Self-Evaluation Exam was developed by AEE to help candidates prepare for their CEM exam, understand their strengths and weaknesses across pertinent exam sections, and reduce test anxiety.
The 65-question multiple choice self-evaluation exam simulates half the certification test, contains a two hour time limit, and covers seventeen sections. This exam is not a requirement for eligibility to sit for the exam nor for the success in passing the certification exam. You’re given one submission attempt. You will answer questions in 17 required sections and answer questions in imperial units.
Benefits of Taking the CEM Self-Evaluation Exam:
- You can become more familiar with exam content and difficulty, as well as with computer based testing.
- Get a sense of how to time questions. The actual exam time allotted is 4 hours for 130 questions. You will need to complete the 65-question self-evaluation exam in 2 hours.
- At the end of the exam, you will receive a sections report that lets you know what sections you passed and failed. You will not be able to see the specific questions that you answered wrong/right or the answers.
- Take it in the privacy of your home or office.
The 65-question multiple choice self-evaluation exam covers the following sections:
1. Codes and Standards
2. Energy Accounting and Economics
3. Energy Audits and Instrumentation
4. Electrical Systems
5. HVAC Systems
6. Motors and Drives
7. Industrial Systems
8. Building Envelope
9. CHP Systems and Renewable Energy
10. Fuel Supply and Pricing
11. Building Automation and Control Systems
12. High Performance Buildings
13. Thermal Energy Storage Systems
14. Lighting Systems
15. Boiler and Steam Systems
16. Maintenance and Commissioning
17. Energy Savings Performance Contracting and Measurement and Verification
To take this test on the web you must have the following:
- A compatible internet browser such as the current version of Internet Explorer (preferred), Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Other browsers may or may not work.
- Cookies and scripting must be enabled.
- Pop-up blocking must be disabled.