The Certified Energy Manger (CEM) Self-Evaluation Exam was developed by AEE to help candidates prepare for their CEM exam, understand their strengths and weaknesses across pertinent exam sections, and reduce test anxiety.
The 65-question multiple choice self-evaluation exam simulates half the certification test, contains a two hour time limit, and covers fifteen sections. This exam is not a requirement for eligibility to sit for the exam nor for the success in passing the certification exam. You’re given one submission attempt. The Self-Evaluation exam access is good for 2-years. You will answer questions in 15 required sections and answer questions in imperial units. After your purchase, you will receive a receipt/confirmation letter with instructions to access the exam.
Access to the CEM Self-Evaluation Exam will be available within 1-week of purchase.
Benefits of Taking the CEM Self-Evaluation Exam:
- You can become more familiar with exam content and difficulty, as well as with computer based testing.
- Get a sense of how to time questions. The actual exam time allotted is 4 hours for 130 questions. You will need to complete the 65-question self-evaluation exam in 2 hours.
- At the end of the exam, you will receive a sections report that lets you know what sections you passed and failed. You will not be able to see the specific questions that you answered wrong/right or the answers.
- Take it in the privacy of your home or office.
The 65-question multiple choice self-evaluation exam covers the following sections:
- Codes and Standards
- Energy Accounting and Economics
- Energy Audits and Instrumentation
- Electrical Power Systems and Motors
- HVAC Systems
- Industrial Systems
- Building Envelope
- CHP Systems and Renewable Energy
- Fuel Supply and Pricing
- Building Automation and Control Systems
- Thermal Energy Storage Systems
- Lighting Systems
- Boiler and Steam Systems
- Maintenance and Commissioning
- Energy Savings Performance Contracting and Measurement and Verification
To take the online self-evaluation test you must meet the system requirements:
Any Operating System supporting the required browsers
- For PC the advice is Microsoft Windows 7 or newer
- For Apple the advice is Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra or above
Screen resolution: 1280x800
- Microsoft Edge (latest 3 versions)
- Google Chrome (latest 3 versions)
- Mozilla FireFox (latest 3 versions)
- Safari (latest 3 versions)
- Average Internet Speed of 1 MBps per candidate
- Note: In case of audio and (HD streaming) video usage, bandwidth should be
higher. This depends on the content of course.
Any system supporting the above mentioned minimum requirements.
- Mouse and keyboard
- Monitor: Recommended 15” or higher
- Soundcard and headset for sound and video
- Processor capacity: 1GHz or faster
- Memory: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bits) or 2GB (64-bits) and for video double at least.
- Free Hard disk space: 2 GB for browser and caching
- Internet Access: Wired connection
- Graphical card: For video 64MB of Ram