Humanising the New Era of Business and ESG
by Barney Swan, Founder of ClimateForce
Thursday, June 4, 2020 | 4:00-5:00pm (EDT)
On January 15th 2018, after pulling a sledge for two months, Barney Swan became the first person to ski to the South Pole powered on clean energy. He survived off a NASA designed solar ice melter, biofuels made from waste, and lithium batteries. This achievement marked the launch of him Founding the ClimateForce Challenge, a 7-year mission to collectively reduce 360 million tons of CO2 before 2025.
Barney collaborates with businesses, schools and communities around the world to drive practices that address our impact on the environment. To make the ongoing story tangible, he leads annual expeditions around the world. These programs serve as a catalyst to accelerate Sustainable Development Goal related impact for people to return home to pursue, in their businesses and lifestyle.
Through speaking and consulting practices Barney explores
- Promoting Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategies that are relevant to employees and broader communities surrounding a project.
- Using automated technologies to track and monitor our environmental footprint.
- Step by step strategies to decarbonize- on a business, and/or personal level.
- Lessons from living in -40 C for two months, which have allowed Barney to understand the source of his convenience and the true cost of basic products and services.
- Bridging the gap between millennials and baby boomers, learning to navigate the middle ground between perspectives and gaps in how we all see the world differently.
- Cutting edge innovations like creating assets out of captured CO2, planting forests with drones, or harnessing drinking water out of the air.
AEE presented the kick-off webinar of this special series on April 7th.
Click here to see the recording, presentation slides and survey summary of the first webinar
Click here to view the video of the second webinar