Before submitting your application please review the following remote testing procedures:
1. Use the location listings link to determine if there is a Remote Testing Center near you. For international testing, please contact your certification director.
2. Register and complete the AEE approved training seminar.
3. Certification applicant completes the remote testing certification application. Please allow 4 weeks for application review and processing.
4. AEE reviews the application and emails a confirmation letter to applicant, either accepting the application, or requesting additional information if necessary. Please allow 7-10 days from date of letter for PSI to contact you to schedule the exam.
5. Once your exam has been scheduled, a notification email will be sent to candidate from the testing center. If you need to reschedule your exam date or location, please contact AEE prior to rescheduling. For exams cancelled/rescheduled within 48 hours of exam date, a $100 rescheduling fee payable to AEE will be required before the exam can be rescheduled.
6. Notification of Exam Results: Upon completion of the exam, the applicant will see a PRELIMINARY test score. The results will be sent to AEE by the remote testing center, and the applicant will receive a letter from AEE via email within 30 days of completion of the exam which includes the OFFICIAL test score and applicant's status. Please do not call AEE about your test results before the end of the thirty-day period. Exam results are not available on the AEE website.
7. Review by the Certification Board: If all required references are in place, the application is in order, all fees have been paid, the applicant has met all eligibility requirements and passed the exam, AEE will send the applicant's file to Certification Board for final approval.
8. Receiving Your Certification: The Board approval process usually takes 6-8 weeks. Once the approvals have been sent to AEE from the Certification Board, the applicant achieves Certification status, and will receive his/her certificate in the mail.
Please do not contact the Remote Testing Center for any information on your certification status.