Global Opportunities During the Decarbonization Era
Presented in Arabic
by Samer Zawaydeh, M.S.C., C.R.M., R.E.P, Independent Engineer
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
9:00 - 10:00 PM (GMT+3)
2:00 - 3:00 PM (ET)
Several industrial nations declared a transition into a Carbon neutral economy within the next 30-40 years. In order to achieve this, major changes will need to happen in the energy generation sector, demand side management, transportation, industrial processes, clean energy development, and carbon markets, carbon sinks and sequestration. In order to achieve this, engineers need to upskill their knowledge, innovate, develop new technologies, change their behaviors and be the change that is required to achieve this transition in their communities.
Samer Zawaydeh, M.S.C., C.R.M., R.E.P, Independent Engineer
- Independent Engineer working in the renewable energy and energy efficiency sector since 2010.
- AEE 2020 President
- AEE Trainer Carbon Reduction Manager Course
- AEE Columnist at Environmental Engineers and Managers Institute (EEMI) Newsletter
- Developed over 25 AEE Chapters (student & national)
- Administered training for 4,000+ AEE Professionals
- Public Speaker in Energy since 2010 to 100,000+ people
- Lecturer at Al Hussein Technical University in and Economics
- National Energy Expert worked with IRENA on developing Jordan Renewable Readiness Assessment 2020-2025
- National Energy Expert in Carbon Markets
- Team member in developing Jordanian German Center for Excellence for Solar PV Technicians
- Project manager for extra heavy steel structures manufacturing and installation with over 30 projects completed worldwide.