In The News

Jordan University Student Chapter Visit to King Hussein Foundation PV Plant

The AEE student chapter at the University of Jordan visited the ground mounted 750KW PV Plant at the King Hussein Foundation site on April 1, 2017. The plant was inaugurated on the 17th of January 2017 by her Majesty Queen Nour Al Hussein. The PV plant covers 100% of the electricity needs for 30 office buildings for King Hussein Foundation in the Jordan Electric Power Company region in the middle of Jordan. The project is using wheeling option, which means that the consumer is generating electricity away from site. The electricity company charges for wheeling are 0.007JD/KWh as distribution charges and 6% losses on the distribution grid.

The Plant is using ground mounted PV structures with multi-crystalline 265W Jinko solar PV Modules. The site has a 10% natural inclination and the PV mounting structure has 10% inclination, making the total inclination of the PV modules 20% from the horizon.

The PV plant has supporting services called “Balance of Plant”. It has a Chain Link Fence, External Lighting, Security Camera, service roads, guard house, car park, and walkway.

The Plant has its own substation that is connected to the grid. Cleaning is done manually on daily basis.