AEE Honors Energy Efficiency Professionals at the 39th International Awards Banquet
Washington, DC – Through its International Awards Program, the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) acknowledges the important achievements being made in energy and shines the light on the work being done in energy by individuals, organizations, agencies, and corporations. The following awards will be presented September 21st at the 39th World Energy Engineering Congress in Washington, DC.
- Energy Engineer of the Year – James Armstrong
- Corporate Energy Management – United Technologies Corporation
- Institutional Energy Management of the Year – Loudoun County Public Schools
- Energy Professional Development – Suhair Al Mhairat
- Energy Manager of the Year – Robert Berninger
- Energy Project of the Year: National – NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Energy Project of the Year: International – AbbVie Ireland
- Innovative Energy Project of the Year – Akron Children’s Hospital
- Energy Innovator of the Year – Randy Buckner
- Young Energy Professional of the Year – Evan Rosenberg and Jean-Philippe Drouin-Bouffard
- Distinguished Service – Dr. Scott Dunning
About the World Energy Engineering Congress (WEEC)
The WEEC is the nation’s largest energy efficiency conference and exposition and addresses industrial energy management, green and high performance buildings, sustainable development, emerging energy trends, as well as big data and IoT. In addition to the three-day conference program, WEEC features a comprehensive exposition as well as a full line-up of CEU and PDH qualifying seminars.
The Association of Energy Engineers is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit professional organization with over 18,000 members that specializes in training, membership development, chapter development, and certification for professionals practicing in the fields of energy management, energy efficiency, energy service and commissioning, power and gas, sustainable and renewable energy, and building and electrical systems. The mission of AEE is to promote the scientific and educational interests of those engaged in the energy industry and to foster action for sustainable development.