1. After registering for the live seminar, candidates should complete the certification application. See specific certification page for application details and requirements.
2. Applicant submits completed certification application to AEE for review. Pre-Registration closes two weeks prior to the exam date.
3. AEE reviews the application and sends an application confirmation letter via email to the applicant, either accepting the application as complete, or requesting additional documentation if necessary.
4. Applicant attends the live seminar and takes the onsite exam. (Completing the seminar is required in order to sit for the exam.)
5. Notification of Exam Results: Applicant will receive a letter from AEE via email within 30 days of completion of the exam which includes the test score and applicant's status. Please do not call AEE about your test results before the end of the thirty-day period. Exam results are not available on the AEE website.
6. Review by the Certification Board: If all required references are in place, the application is in order, all fees have been paid, the applicant has met all eligibility requirements and passed the exam, AEE will send the applicant's file to the Certification Board for final approval.
7. Receiving Your Certification: The Board approval process usually takes 6-8 weeks. Once the approvals have been sent to AEE from the Certification Board, the applicant achieves certification status, and will receive his/her certificate in the mail.