On December 15, 2018, AEE Director of International Member Development, Larry Good, and Assistant Director for the Former Soviet Union officially chartered the newest chapter of AEE in Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan. A few weeks prior to chartering, Tajik candidates had studied and sat for the CEM exam at the National Energy Institute in the neighboring city of Kurgan-Tube. Both the training and the chapter formation assistance were sponsored by the Energy Links Program of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
At the chartering meeting:
• Larry Good explained who AEE is and what we do to the whole group.
• Sasha Ovdiienko explained chapter administration of AEE training programs.
• Attendees filled out AEE membership applications.
• The group elected its official officers:
President - Mr. Umarkhon Madvaliev
1st Vice-President - Mr. Bakhtyor Abdulloyev
2nd Vice-President - Mr. Bakhtyor Rakhmatov
Secretary - Mr. Khujanazar Aslamshoev
Treasurer - Mr. Nemat Badalov
• Successful CEM candidates received their certificates.
• The new AEE chapter received its charter.
The AEE team found Dushanbe to be a clean, quite, beautiful and friendly city. The whole country is nestled in the mountains of Central Asia. AEE members may consider touring and meeting their new colleagues there.