The first E-Mobility Conference in Kenya was held in Nairobi at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. The event was organized by AEE’s Kenya Chapter, Association of Energy Professionals Eastern Africa (AEPEA).
The event had close to 200 in attendance and included a full day of speakers including a few of the following:
- AEE Executive Director, Bill Kent
- The Principal Secretary of the Minister of Energy, Dr. Joseph Njoroge, EBS
- Tesla East Africa Business Development Energy Manager Products, Mr. Anthony Mburu
- General Manager, Kenya Airports Parking Services, James Mbarro
- Director of Kenya Power Innovation Center, Dr. Jeremiah Kiplagat
- Head of Sustainable Development Department, French Embassy
The event ended in the announcement by the AEPEA, challenging the country of Kenya to deploy 500,000 Electric vehicles in 5 years. This includes 2 and 3 wheeled transports and automobiles. An ambitious target that they hope will bring both industry, academia, government and the public together to fulfill a common mission that will not only help combat climate change but provide benefits to health and promote economic growth.
Watch the full program here: http://ow.ly/kc7y50yxCLt