|AEE's Certified Sustainable Development Professional (CSDP®) program recognizes individuals who have demonstrated high levels of experience, competence, proficiency, and ethical fitness in the sustainable development and environmental practices. The CSDP is a professional with expertise in Developing & Implementing Sustainability Programs, Environmental Issues, Alternative Energy & Carbon Reduction, Sustainable Policy Programs, Energy Efficiency Technologies in Sustainable Buildings, Impact of Sustainable Development Policies, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Transportation, Water Conservation and Financial Assessments.
CSDP Certification Program Objectives
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in sustainable development.
- To improve the practice of sustainable development for buildings, industrial plants and governmental facilities.
- To identify persons with acceptable knowledge of the principles and laws governing the practices of energy efficiency and pollution prevention related disciplines.
- To award special recognition to those individuals who have demonstrated a high level of technical expertise in energy management and environmental practices.
The prerequisites to qualify for the certification process have been designed to take into account the possible diversity of education and practical experience an individual may have. However each CSDP candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
- A four year engineering or architectural degree from an accredited university or college and/or the current status of P.E. or R.A. or CEM® , with at least three years verified experience in energy efficiency and pollution prevention, or sustainable development
- A four-year degree in business or related degree from an accredited university or college with at least five years verified experience in energy efficiency and pollution prevention, or sustainable development
- A two-year technical degree from an accredited college with at least eight years verified experience in energy efficiency and pollution prevention, or sustainable development
- Ten years or more verified experience in energy efficiency and pollution prevention, or sustainable development
Examination and Training Requirement
All CSDP candidates must attend one of AEE's prepartory CSDP training seminars, and complete and pass a four-hour written examination. Examination questions are based on concepts and experiences basic to energy efficiency, pollution prevention and sustainable development. The exam is open book, and questions are a mixture of multiple choice and true/false.
Fees for the CSDP certification are as follows:
- Certification Application and Examination:
- $300 if exam is taken in conjunction with AEE's 2-day live training seminar
- $400 if exam is taken at a remote testing center following completion of AEE's realtime online CSDP training seminar
- Seminar Registration:
- Live Seminar Option: $1,150 for AEE members / government / nonprofit; $1,250 for non-AEE members
- Realtime Online Seminar Option: $895 for AEE members / government / nonprofit; $995 for non-AEE members
- Certification Renewal:
These fees must be paid at the time the CSDP application and the seminar registration are submitted. No application or examination fee refunds are allowed.
How to Apply for CSDP Certification
Application Deadlines: Your completed application must be received by the Certification Administrator 3 weeks prior to date of the examination for which you wish to sit in order to guarantee you are pre-registered for the examination. After this date, you may be required to complete a waiver on-site if your name is not pre-registered
REGISTER FOR THE AEE CSDP TRAINING SEMINAR OF YOUR CHOICE
All CRM candidates are required to complete either the 2-day live Fundamentals of Sustainable Development & Carbon Reduction 2-day training program at one of its scheduled locations, or the web-based seminar, Fundamentals of Sustainable Development (10 hours in 5 two-hour online sessions) offered several times each year.
Note: Registering for the seminar does not automatically register you for the CSDP exam. After completing your seminar registration, return to this page, and go to STEP TWO. The links below will take you to seminar course information, current schedules and access to online seminar registration:
SEMINAR OPTION 1 (live seminar):
SEMINAR OPTION 2 (online seminar):
Fundamentals of Sustainable Development & Carbon Reduction
2-day live seminar
Earns 1.6 CEU
Click above link for seminar description, dates and locations, fee information, and online registration.
NOTE: If you register for the live seminar, be sure to select the live exam option under "Testing Location" on your CSDP certification application if you wish to take the CSDP exam at the seminar site immediately following your seminar.
Fundamentals of Sustainable Development & Carbon Reduction
10-hour (over 5 days) realtime online seminar
Earns 1.0 CEU
Click above link for seminar description, dates and times, fee information, and online registration.
NOTE: If you register for the online seminar, be sure to select the remote exam option under "Testing Location" on your CSDP certification application. The CSDP exam is administered at remote testing centers, located throughout the U.S. See detailed instructions below.
COMPLETE YOUR CSDP CERTIFICATION/EXAM APPLICATION
After you have completed your seminar registration, click the link below to complete your CSDPTM Certification/Exam application:
For information on maintaining your certification, please go to our certification renewals website.
For Additional Information About CSDP Certification...
If you have any questions about CSDP certification, or if you prefer to receive your Certified Sustainable Development Professional Application Package by mail, please write, call or email:
Francine Seskin, CSDP Certification Director
Association of Energy Engineers
(770) 447-5083, ext. 223