The Wisconsin Chapter of the Association of Energy Engineers (WAEE)
Platinum Corporate Sponsors
Gold Corporate Sponsor
Silver Corporate Sponsors
WAEE Board Members:
- Jerry Eaton, President, email: firstname.lastname@example.org 920-251-8545
- Richard Feustel, Vice President, email: email@example.com 414-803-6883
- Mike Rohde, Treasurer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jedd Winkler, Secretary, email: email@example.com
WAEE Chair Members:
- Paul Van de Sand, Student Chapter Liason, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Craig Bahr, Membership/Marketing/PR, email: email@example.com 920-322-8943
- Michael Mittelsteadt, Education, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Albert, Scholarships/Awards, email: email@example.com
- Steve Hinkens, Events, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacob Clevenstine, Newsletter, email: email@example.com
Wisconsin Chapter (WAEE) received their official chapter charter on May 23, 2007. The chapter has over 200 members representing more than 100 major Wisconsin manufacturing, commercial, contractor, government, schools, utilities, and various private businesses.
WAEE was recognized as the Chapter with the most new members in 2008 and 2011.
WAEE Membership and Sponsorship:
Individual WAEE membership dues are $100 per year, which includes meals at all meetings. A $90 new member discount is available when you join at both the national and local level for AEE. When you sign up at www.aeecenter.org, enter in the comment section that you are joining WAEE ($90 discount).
Silver Corporate Sponsorship dues at $500 per year, which includes up to 3 employees per monthly meeting at no cost, advertisement in our newsletter and on the chapter website. Recognition in our annual scholarship award ceremony with a minimum of $250 of the sponsorship directed to the scholarship fund.
Gold Corporate Sponsorship dues are $1,000 per year, which includes up to 5 employees per monthly meeting at no cost, advertisement in our newsletter and on the chapter website. Recognition in our annual scholarship award ceremony with a minimum of $500 of the sponsorship directed to the scholarship fund.
Platinum Corporate Sponsorship dues are $1,500 per year, which includes unlimited employees per monthly meeting at no cost, advertisement in our newsletter and on the chapter website. Recognition in our annual scholarship award ceremony with a minimum of $750 of the sponsorship directed to the scholarship fund.
To join, complete the WAEE Individual Membership and Corporate Sponsorship Application and forward with payment to WAEE, 769 Bragg Street, Fod du Lac, WI 54935 ATTN: Membership. Contact Craig Bahr with any questions regarding membership.
WAEE chapter meetings are usually held every 4th Wednesday of the month. The meeting focus is on NETWORKING, EDUCATION, followed by a Tour of the facility showcasing their efforts in reducing their energy spend.
WAEE meetings within the last year included:
- Gunderson Lutheran Health Care - Onalaska
- QuadGraphics - Hartford
- WE Energies - Milwaukee
- Jack Russell Public Library - Hartford
- BMO Harris Bradley Center - Milwaukee
- Appleton Wastewater Treatment Plant - Appleton
- Mid-States Aluminum - Fond du Lac
- Wisconsin Institutes of Discovery - UW-Madison
- Caterpillar Global Mining (formerly Bucyrus) - South Milwaukee
- Rockwell Automation - Mequon
- Madison Gas & Electric - West Campus Co-Generation Facility
- Bernis Manufacturing - Sheboygan Falls
- Menasha Packaging - Neenah
- Milk Specialties - Fond du Lac
- Renewegy - Oshkosh
- Aurora Medical Center - Grafton
- UW-Madison - Hybrid Vehicle Lab
WAEE on occasion partners with other professional organizations to provide joint meetings. They included:
- Wisconsin Public Utility Institute at UW-Madison
- Wisconsin Industrial Energy Group (WIEG) at the American Transmission Company
- Association of Facilities Engineers (AFE)
WAEE Annual Social Outing:
Look out this summer 2013 as we will be changing our venue to Appleton, WI. Home of the Timber Rattlers. It should be a new, fun event for all members.
Applications are being accepted for 2012 WAEE Scholarships. Scholarships are due December 7th at 10PM. For more information contact Scholarship Chair Mark Albert @ firstname.lastname@example.org
2011 Scholarship Recipients
The Wisconsin Chapter of the Association of Energy Engineers was pleased to present 2011 scholarships to seven students on February 2, 2012, at our meeting hosted by Mid-States Aluminum in Fond du Lac. Scholarship funding is proudly supported by the financial contributions of all the members of the organization. Recipients of the 2011 Wisconsin Chapter of the Association of Energy Scholarship attend engineering and technical colleges throughout the state and represent the future leaders of the energy industry.
Front: Frederick C. Prehn Jr., UW-Madison, Materials Science & Engineering; Ray Wu, UW Madison, Geological Engineering and Geology; Amy Erickson, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Solar Energy Technology; Tyler Utecht, UW Platteville, Mechanical Engineering; Chris VanBrocklin, UW Madison, Engineering Physics.
Back: Jedd Winkler, committee; Richard Feustel, vice-president; Jerry Eaton, president; Steve Hinkens, committee; Mark Albert, scholarship committee chair.
Not photographed: David Newsome, UW-Milwaukee, Civil Engineering; and Joshua A. Hoverman, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering; and committee members Scott Jones, Bob Douglas and Scott Hartay.
WAEE 2012 AEE Award Recipients:
WAEE Chapter and members received a number of awards: Congratulations!
- Chapter – Best Chapter Performance ($1,000 award)
- Chapter - Most New Members (This is our 3rd year receiving this $200 award)
- David Osborne - INTERNATIONAL Energy Manager of the Year
- Briggs & Stratton - INTERNATIONAL Renewable Energy Project of the Year
- Michael Mittelsteadt - Region III Energy Professional Development Award
Presented October 30th, 2012 - World Energy Engineering Congress (WEEC) in Atlanta
Quite a few members were on hand at the WEEC (Oct. 11, 2011)
Jerry Eaton, WAEE President, accepts the Most New Members Award for the WAEE Chapter at the World Energy Engineering Congress in Chicago, IL October 12, 2011
|MAY 07 --- WAEE is chartered!!! Location: Alliant Energy, Fond du Lac, WI|
|WAEE September Meeting at Rockwell Automation. Lab coats were required PPE, not a fashion movement.|
|WAEE October Meeting at CAT Global Mining Headquarters. Can you dig it?|
|WAEE Members at Mid-States Aluminum understanding the energy benefits of using the lean six-sigma process.|
WAEE members at March meeting at Appleton Wastewater Treatment Plant.
|WAEE members meet for a pick up game in May at the BMO Harris Bradley Center|
Our December 5th meeting will be at Waukesha County Technical College.
The agenda for our meeting is:
12:15-12:30 Chapter news
12:30-1:15 Todd Stuart, Wisconsin Industrial Energy Group - Post election energy forecast
1:15-2:15 Ray Walter, Wisconsin Energy Research Consortium - WERC Research and Technology Focus
2:15-2:30 WCTC Energy and Sustainability Initiatives
Mark your calendars today for our other upcoming events. Details will follow.
The 4th Wednesday of every month at 12:00 is our normal meeting time. Suggestions for meeting topics and locations are always welcome. Share your ideas with any of the Board or Chair members. We want to hear your energy saving success stories.
Suggestions for meeting topics and locations are always welcome. Share your ideas with any of the Board or Chair members. We want to hear your energy saving success stories.
Please see below the new AEE Green Jobs Career Center RSS Widget. You may now receive up-to-date job postings via the AEE-EnergyVortex Career Center.